Travel Information: COVID-19 Updates
Our Commitment to Care:
These are extraordinary times, so we felt it was important to share what we are doing to support you and your travel plans.
The health and safety of our guests and employees remain our highest priority as the situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve. We take great pride in maintaining very high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. We are monitoring the daily updates and following the regulations set forth by the Canadian Government and the Hotel Association of Canada, we have implemented enhanced measures to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous.
We’re committed to keeping you safe and providing the best experience possible during this period.
If you need to cancel, we’re flexible.
Our unique 17 accommodation units all offer immediate access to private outdoor space and are connected exclusively by open-air patios. Come relax and unwind in the comfort of your unit.
During this period, we’ve remained active in making our Motel better and better: dozens of projects have been completed.
We’re excited to welcome you back to Valleystar Motel and show you what we’ve been up to!
Our safety initiatives include:
What to expect when you arrive
- To reduce the number of people at the Motel, only registered guests are currently permitted at the property. Unfortunately, outside guests cannot be admitted during your stay with us.
- Our front doors are locked; please ring the doorbell for assistance. We will lock and unlock the door for you and clean all touch points as people come and go.
- Front Desk and other public spaces have signage, spacing, plexiglass shield at Front Desk, sanitization stations and more frequent cleaning of all surfaces & touch points.
Your Arrival and Departure
To reduce the amount of touch points and allow for social distancing during your stay we have adjusted our services.
- Your guestroom key will be sanitized prior to your arrival
- Only one person will be allowed to enter through the Front Desk (office) door to register. Anyone else will be asked to wait outside while the registration process is being carried out.
- Check-in and check-out is quick and efficient and we will only process debit and credit card; cash will not be accepted during this time
- On top of our regular cleaning, before and after guest leaves Front Desk we disinfect all items that are touched by the guest for example pens, point of sale machine and to conclude our sensitization we are using ultraviolet light technology (UVC light).
- Room keys can be left in your guestrooms at departure, which then gets sanitized.
Before you arrive:
We have always taken our cleanliness standards very seriously; however, new times require us to ‘up our game’, and are incorporating these additional steps to ensure you feel comfortable in your guestroom:
- Guestrooms have received a thorough deep-cleaning within the past few weeks,
- Special attention given to disinfecting high-touch points including doorknobs, light switches, remote controls, toilets, sinks, faucets, garbage cans, etc.
- All linens, including sheets, towels, shower curtains, duvet covers and blankets, are changed and laundered fresh for every guest arrival to industry standard.
- All in room amenities have either been replaced/restocked for every guest arrival.
- All dishware & cookware is washed and sterilized for every guest arrival.
- Some cookware items may have been removed and are available upon request. These are sterilized.
- In-room collateral (magazines, promotional materials, throw pillows / cushions, decorative throws / sashes etc.) have been removed to reduce common touch points. Please call Front Desk with any questions.
- On top of our regular cleaning, we now conclude our servicing of your room with the use of a UVC light. These tools aid in the attack on microbes in guestrooms after each guest departs.
- Individual air conditioning units are in each guestroom. This means that pollutants do not travel through the motel from room to room like you might see in other buildings with a central system
- Our motel uses Health Canada approved cleaning products and recommended protocols, which are proven to be effective against a broad spectrum of viruses. Rigorous cleaning protocols have been implemented to ensure all surfaces, equipment and furniture are 100% disinfected & sanitized.
As business levels allow:
- Guestrooms will be assigned to allow a buffer between guest stays if possible.
- Guestrooms will be assigned to allow as much spacing between you and other guests as possible.
During your stay
- To reduce risk and promote safety for you and our Team, Housekeeping will not enter your guestroom once occupied. As a result guestrooms will not be serviced during your stay; if you need anything replenished, please contact the front desk
- We are happy to deliver any additional supplies you require. Please call Front Desk.
- A Linen bag will be provided in your guestroom to leave any dirty linens outside your guestroom by 11am daily.
- If there is any reason Housekeeping or Maintenance must enter your guestroom, they will wear new gloves & masks while they are there.
- Any items left behind once a guest has checked out, will be discarded rather than kept in Lost & Found to reduce handling of guest items.
Our Public Spaces
- Physical distancing signage is placed throughout the motel and we ask that you observe them
- Increased cleaning frequency and attention to all common areas, such as the Pool, Playground, Gazebo, BBQ stations
- We have hand sanitizer stations around the motel for your use
- The Pool: open with limited access based on new regulations New procedures will include a combination of physical distancing where possible, improved sanitation protocols and limited number of guests using the pool area at any given time. Pool deck and Pool for swimming is limited to 20 registered guests.
- The Pool will re-open Monday June 22. Operating hours will be as
follows: 9:00am to 9:00pm
Behind the Scenes
Though you may not see it, in spaces where our employees work, we have increased the frequency of cleaning with particular attention paid to high contact items such as entrances, staff rooms, laundry room and office. We also have changed many of our ‘standard operating procedures’ to aid us in this new reality.
We have implemented a hands-on training for all staff, and will have a Cleanliness Manager on-property to ensure we remain in compliance of our new standards. Below is a list of the many ways we are supporting our team when they are to work.
- We know that proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our team is reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act
- Although already highly trained, our team has undergone enhanced COVID-19 awareness training and have the necessary tools and resources to stay safe at work
- All staff will be provided with PPE (personal protective equipment) , facemasks, face shields and gloves, to be used appropriately.
- Physical distancing signage will placed throughout the motel and will be observed in all common areas, and including employee areas.
- Motel staff are required to stay home if unwell and empowered to work from home if possible
We also encourage staff and guests to follow procedures for prevention as provided by the World Health Organization (WHO):
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially: after using the washroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
If you are sick with cold and flu-like symptoms:
- Stay away from public areas
- Wear a mask or cover your mouth, especially when coughing or sneezing
- Call the complimentary BC nurses line by dialing 811
- Alternative Help Line: 1-888-COVID-19
- Inform a staff member
- If you become ill and have recently visited our property, please let us know so appropriate measures can be taken.
- If you do not feel well, we ask that you please delay your visit and encourage you to reschedule when you are feeling better.
Thank you for helping us keep our destination safe and healthy.
Please note: Operating in this ‘new normal’ economy means adjusting to frequent updates. The descriptions above are subject to change based on recommendations from Worksafe BC, BC Ministry of Health and the BC Hotel Association.
We are in this together ~ wishing you good health.